Each supervisor in the U of M system who has 5 or more direct or indirect reports respond to the 2017 employee engagement survey will receive an invitation in January 29, 2018 from Korn Ferry Hay Group to access their results via an online data portal. This site includes materials such as short videos and quick guides to help you more efficiently navigate the data portal site.
For more information about employee engagement and resources on taking action on your survey data see the Quick Links section of this site.
How do I:
1. Navigate Reporting Hierarchy
Faculty and staff receive different versions of the employee engagement survey. In addition, some people may have direct and/or indirect reports as well as faculty, staff, or both reporting to them. The guide below covers the reporting hierarchies available as well as the navigation.
2. Navigate the Online Data Portal
The Online Data Portal offers the functionality to view, sort and export your employee engagement survey data using different tools. The quick guide below provides a quick overview to the portal functionality, menus and options.
3. View High Level Data (Response Rate, Engagement Profile, Key Metrics, Strengths and Opportunities)
The dashboard displays five “widgets” or tiles that summarize key survey results. Each widget provides a snapshot of the results based on: Response Rate, Engagement Profile, Key Metrics, Strengths, and Opportunities.
In the online data portal, the following options are available for exploring the employee engagement results: Questions Summary, Key Metrics and Drivers, and Results Sorting Tool. The quick guide below provides a quick overview of these tools.
5. View Survey Comments
Comments are helpful in providing context for the results you have already seen in the quantitative data. There were two open ended comment questions on the survey – meaning everyone had the option to provide two comments. Read the guide below for more information on comments and comment sorting and filtering options.
6. Export Data and Download the Report
While the online data portal allows you to view all of the date via the website, there are also options to export your results in different formats, such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and PDF. Upon exporting you will receive an auto-generated email with the selected formats as an attachment. The guide below describes the exporting options in more detail.
Download Sample Reports (Full Report Option):
- Portal Login and Setup (PDF)
- Reporting Hierarchies (PDF)
- Online Data Portal Overview(PDF)
- Viewing Results At-A-Glance (Response Rate, Engagement Profile, Key Metrics, Strengths and Opportunities) (PDF)
- Viewing Summary and Detailed Results(by Key Metric, Driver, and by Question Items) (PDF)
- Comments (PDF)
- Exporting Survey Results (PDF)
- Interpreting Survey Results (fillable PDF)